[jboss-user] [JBoss and NetBeans] - Re: JBOSS 4.0.5 GA and netbeans problem starting server

jc153 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 22 07:05:31 EST 2006

I'm also getting the very same problem using JBoss 4.0.5 GA / Netbeans 5.5 / J2SE 1.5.0_09. I'm using the Netbeans that is packaged with J2SDK rather than the JBoss packaged version.

Changing the port doesn't make any difference - the port is available the first time JBoss is started within Netbeans. It's almost as if Netbeans then loses its handle on the JBoss instance. It thinks JBoss isn't running (even though it still is in the background) so the Stop button is greyed out, and if you try to deploy an application it attempts to start a second JBoss server hence the '8080 already in use' message.

I've not had chance to dig deeper, so have resorted to leaving the server running and writing my own ant scripts to copy newly built ears into the deploy directory. I then have to kill the server by PID.

Cheers
--J

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3987867#3987867

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3987867