[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Transactions problem

qwier do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 22 09:53:39 EST 2006

Hi all,
I am trying to figure out how to get transactions work with the cache.

Please have a look at the following code snippet:

  | InitialContext ic = new InitialContext();
  | UserTransaction ut = (UserTransaction)ic.lookup("UserTransaction");
  | ut.begin();
  | Integer x = (Integer)cache.get("/Test","TestInteger");
  | x = x+1;
  | Thread.sleep(5000);
  | cache.put("/Test", "TestInteger", x);
  | ut.commit();

This code is simultaneously running from two different JBoss instances within one cluster.
How can I manage to get the x value increased by 2? Now it is increased by 1.

Below are my cache settings related to transactions:
TransactionManagerLookupClass=org.jboss.cache.DummyTransactionManagerLookup
IsolationLevel=SERIALIZABLE (actually here I tried all of the possible values)
CacheMode=REPL_SYNC
NodeLockingScheme=PESSIMISTIC

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3987897#3987897