[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Challenge: Simple Example Adding Records With Lookup Dro

Newlukai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 23 09:17:50 EST 2006

I've got an appointment so I quickly wrote down what I've done:

1. Download selectitems.jar and selectitems-ui.jar.

2. Place them in WEB-INF/lib of your war file.

3. Add following property to your persistence.xml:
<property name="jboss.entity.manager.factory.jndi.name" value="java:/selectItemsEntityManagerFactory"/>

4. Add following entry to your components.xml:
<component class="org.jboss.seam.selectitems.SelectItemsConfig">
  |     	<property name="persistenceUnitJndiName">java:/selectItemsEntityManagerFactory</property>
  |     </component>
As you might guess the property has to be the same value you set in persistence.xml.

5. Now you can establish the relationships between your entities using @OneToOne and so on. (Don't forget to adjust getters and setters)
6. The method which outjected the SelectItems can now be rewritten to outject an list containing the entities.

7. Use <si:selectItems> to retrive the entities. With attribute "label" you can define the label shown on each row.

To use si you have to include
      xmlns:si="http://jboss.com/products/seam/selectitems/taglib" and xmlns:s="http://jboss.com/products/seam/taglib"

You have to use attributes Value, var and label.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3988182#3988182

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3988182