[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Some philosophy on the context name and access to Java B

gavin.king@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 23 17:16:50 EST 2006

anonymous wrote : how do we initalize "context variables" appearing in .jsp pages, which do not contain any method or value binding expressions

I don't quite understand what you mean by this. Like a @Factory method or a factory in components.xml?

anonymous wrote : I don't see how the first two would solve my problem, because they only come into the picture, when a seam component gets created

@Create and @Factory are *totally* different to each other. You've misunderstood the Seam docs. @Create is called after a component is created. @Factory is used to auto-initialize the value of a context variable when it is null.

anonymous wrote : Because of that I get the feeling that one should avoid context variables inside of .jsp files and rather use them inside Seam Components.

This is definitely not right.

anonymous wrote : I'm basically looking for a pattern, which helps me to display base data information on .jsp pages, which get directly accessed by bookmarked GET requests, without any GET Parameters.

I still don't understand. You just use "pull-MVC". ie. seam automatically instantiates a component when it is referenced by the JSP. You don't have to do anything.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3988287#3988287

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3988287