[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - Memory sizing recommendations

paulkaiser@yahoo.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 24 11:40:40 EST 2006

I'm running the JBoss IDE and I am running a 4.0.5.GA server installed by JEMS 1.2.0 from within Eclipse. I only have a few small dynamic web projects in the workspace. After several edit/deploy iterations to develop a web service client, I start getting out of memory errors in the log typified by the following entries.

anonymous wrote : !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2006-11-24 11:30:37.741
  | !MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
  |
  | !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2006-11-24 11:30:37.741
  | !MESSAGE PermGen space
  | !STACK 0
  | java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Do you have recommendations for memory settings? My intent is to develop pojo web services and proxy clients.

Thanks,
Paul

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3988430#3988430

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3988430