[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Understanding architecture...

ric1607 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Nov 25 16:57:57 EST 2006

Hello,

JBoss Portal looks terrific! I'm wondering however if it can fit in our existing webapp architecture.

After reading JSR-168 spec and JBoss Portal docs, something is still unclear to me: is it possible to include a portal page or a simple portlet as an iframe in an existing web-page (jsp-like) ?

I've read that PortletBridge allows the opposite (display a web-app in a portlet) and that a page layout in JBoss Portal can be a simple JSP, but this does not fit the need of extending an existing app.

So is it possible to keep our web-app as is and include portlets in some of the pages through iframes / JBoss portal ?

Thank you very much for any hint,

--Eric

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3988573#3988573

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3988573