[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Understanding architecture...

ric1607 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Nov 26 16:04:50 EST 2006

Thomas,

Thank you for your answer, especially on a week-end!
I hope I did not disturb your Saturday with my silly questions {:-)

One solution I was thinking of was indeed to include the whole portal page in an iframe. My use case being for instance to include a forum frame or a CMS frame within our existing app.

It sure looks odd (I confess), but it is according to my point of view a realistic use case: we have a complex existing webapp, with carefully crafted layout designed to use the top window with plenty of javascript everywhere -- and we cannot simply say "ok, let's put all that in a rectangle on the screen and add something beside".
So the solution would be to rewrite all the main layouts under portal templates and this is a too steep slope.

I'll try using the portal in an iframe and let you know about.

Thank you very much Thomas!

--Eric

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3988681#3988681

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3988681