[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: not able to get the prompt asking for user password

AndiWausS do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 27 07:08:14 EST 2006

I just faced the same problem, after updating to 4.0.5 from 4.0.3sp1.

It seems that BASIC authentication has been changed so that the prompt now is triggered after the error page, i.e. when an error page is configured there is no prompt anymore..
(I assume your 404 error code was due to not finding the 401.html)

after removing
  | <error-page>
  | <error-code>401</error-code>
  | /error/401.html
  | </error-page>

it works again (at least for me..)..

Perhaps JBoss might want to comment on this? I´d say it´s not possible anymore (4.0.5) to define a 401-error page when having BASIC authentication (which worked with 4.0.3sp1 - i haven´t tried 4.0.4..)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3988822#3988822

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3988822