[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Simplifying URL's

Peter.Coppens do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 27 09:50:44 EST 2006

That helps, thanks.

Some other observations/considerations/questions

- Replacing the default portal does not seem to be documented. I found something in http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=93867  which works, but I would rather not depend on the database but on the xml configuration. Can this be done?

- When I generate URL's using anonymous wrote : createActionURL a 'auth/portal' prefix is generated even though the url from where I start is indeed http://host. Can something be done about this?

- Would there not be an advantage in trying to move away from the approach where the 'content' and 'portal' parts to navigate to either portal content or cms content. It seems that the average user (typically a viewer of content in most cases) should not be exposed to this.

I have not tried whether it actually works in Liferay, but perhaps a feature similar to Liferay's "short url" might be worth the effort (although I have no idea how easy that would be to implement)?

Thanks,

Peter

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3988887#3988887

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3988887