[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Where is the database?

seamguy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 27 13:45:46 EST 2006

I have a simple address book seam application that runs in Tomcat using JBoss embedded EJB3.0. I have a stock persistence.xml:

<persistence>
  |         <persistence-unit name="userDatabase">
  |       <provider>org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence</provider>
  |       <jta-data-source>java:/DefaultDS</jta-data-source>
  |       <properties>
  |          <property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" value="create-drop"/>
  |       </properties>
  |         </persistence-unit>
  | </persistence>

The datasource is java:/DefaultDS, but where is the actual database defined? Is the database HSQL? MYSQL? Where is it? How do I access it?

I realize this may be my ignorance of EJB3, but I have no idea where the default data source is defined, and I would like to access the database.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3988988#3988988

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3988988