[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Where is the database?

seamguy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 27 15:54:18 EST 2006

I've given up on using MYSQL. I don't have time to read through copious amounts of documentation on DataSources in a JBoss environment.

So now I'm in this directory...

/Applications/jboss-4.0.4RC1/server/default/data/hypersonic

...and I'm trying to access the database with HSQL's database manager with this command:

java -cp /Developer/Java/Tools/hsqldb/lib/hsqldb.jar org.hsqldb.util.DatabaseManager

When the db mgr starts up, I need to select Type from the pulldown, with about 15 options, half of which throw Java exceptions in the command line window that I started the mgr from. Which one do I select? If I select HSQL Database Engine In-Memory, I don't see any tables at all. Do I need to specify a URL other than jdbc:hsqldb:mem:.?

btw, I don't have a $JBOSS_HOME/servers directory. I do have $JBOSS_HOME/server directory that contains a default directory with one other directory in it: hypersonic. I assume that's where I should be trying to access the database.

For goodness sakes, all I want to do is see the tables that Seam is allegedly updating. This really shouldn't be so difficult (believe me it's an absolute no-brainer with Rails). Sorry for the rant, but I've now spent about 3 hours just trying to look at my db tables, and I've had nothing but grief.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3989047#3989047

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3989047