[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Where is the database?

modoc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 27 16:52:39 EST 2006

Google is your friend:

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=SetUpAMysqlDatasource

shows how to use mysql under jboss in a couple of minutes.

I can't help you with the hsql db manager, as I don't use hsql.

Yes sorry, I mistyped servers instead of server.  That is the directory you want.

Assuming I don't want to read copious amounts of documentation, how would I do this with RoR?  I'm just curious, as I've heard a lot about Rails (both good and bad).

Anyhow, I will say, as someone who still doesn't have a solid grasp on much of JBoss, that reading documentation is a must for understanding a new technology, and that JBoss is likely to be VERY different than RoR, or any other non-J2EE Java based app server.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3989080#3989080

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3989080