[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Where is the database?

norman.richards@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 27 18:15:44 EST 2006

I don't normally run outside JBoss, so I can only give you a few pointers for hsql.

Hsql CAN accept tcp connections.  Try setting the URL to something like jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost:1701.  You may need to add another component to physically start the hsql server, but it shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

On the other hand, you can also use a URL like jdbc:hsqldb:/path/to/mydb/property .Then your db will be stored in that file.  Another process like the db manager can examine that file, but you want to be careful with two active processes reading the file.

A third option is to launch the DB manager from WITHIN your application.  Yeah, it sounds silly to write launch a swing app from a web app, but the jboss admin console does just that.  It's ugly, but it works.

Finally, another option is to look at this: http://members.capmac.org/~orb/blog.cgi/tech/java/A_quick_and_dirty_E.html .  It is very simple query tool that you can use to type ejbql from a web page.  You can add it to your app and examine your application freely.  I haven't used it in a while, but I'm sure it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to get set up.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3989106#3989106

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3989106