[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - OutOfMemoryError: OracleConnection.pingDatabase

djr667 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 28 05:18:16 EST 2006

Configuring a <valid-connection-checker-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.OracleValidConnectionChecker</valid-connection-checker-class-name> sometimes causes a
OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread caused by oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBAccess.pingDatabase

This has happened on a newly started JBoss 4.0.4.GA server using EJB3 and Oracle 9i and
JAVA_OPTS=-server -Xms200m -Xmx1000m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

Can anyone give me some pointers where to look to avoid this?

We have had problems with OracleValidConnectionChecker before, I was wondering if anyone else has the feeling that it should be avoided even though the JBoss Wiki recommends it.

Dave

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3989211#3989211

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3989211