[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Streaming over Webservices

Cipherous do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 28 11:12:09 EST 2006

hey guys

Please excuse me if I am sounding naive, I am no SOA expert.

I need a way to constantly feed data to a client, its almost as if the client was a stock ticker.

I was wondering if you ever heard of streaming soap over a webservice (or if its actually possible).  Is this more of a ESB level paradigm?

there is a streaming XML parser called STax but you need to open a socket stream in order to get access to the source.  However, opening sockets defeats the purpose of a SOA architecture and will cause some firewall issues.

any information would be greatly apperciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3989383#3989383

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3989383