[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Setting up an Interceptor on jBoss

Haensel do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 28 18:02:45 EST 2006

Hello,
my  name is Hans-Martin. I am a student from Germany.

I have a very big problem. My Professor wants me to send events via JMS to a Complex Event Processing Platform.

First of all my professor gave me the simple job to create a jsp with 4 Buttons. He wants to see ?something move??.

The task is following:
Every time a button is pushed it calls a Method on a Servlet/Bean. The Interceptor realizes this call and creates a simple ?Button_X-was-pushed? event (for example as a string) . This event will be sent via JMS to a CEP Platform which checks for patterns like ?Button_X was pushed? and updates a database which counts the pushes of a single Button.

This database can be called by a simple page/dashboard to show the number of times a button was pushed.
All that must be realized on jBoss.

It is a pretty simple example but we have absolutely NO idea of jBoss, how I can plug in the interceptors or send JMS messages.

What software do I need for this ? Do I need EJB3.0 for that task ?
Do you know a tutorial for the installation/implementation/configuration ?

I don´t even know how what project I have to create in jBoss IDE for eclipse.

I created an jBossAOP Project. And it was pretty simple to connect an Interceptor to a method of another class. But I am not able to do this in a dynamic Web Project (for JSPs, Servlets and so on)

PLEASE HELP ME. I have just 1 week to do this :(

Haensel

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3989510#3989510

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3989510