[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: JSF requiredMessage does not work with seam bundle

rlhr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 29 08:30:37 EST 2006

You can look at these 2 links (they explained a lot about validations):

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=90636
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=93507

So my understanding at this point is that the jsf framework will not call any validator when a value is null (I guess this is because there is no need to validate anything in that case).
I believe the reason for this is that in case of a null value, we either accept it (attribute required=false) or we refuse it (required=true).
Now since the attribute requiredMessage is not implemented, I can see to possible fix:
 1- override javax.faces.component.UIInput.REQUIRED in your messages.properties
 javax.faces.component.UIInput.REQUIRED = My error message

That will replace the ugly "Validator Error" message. But if you have 5 inputText in your page, you'll get 5 times this message...

2 - You can extend any components (inputText,...) you need to use and implement the missing attribute.

Maybe there are other solutions. I'm still looking into that problem myself.

Richard

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3989681#3989681

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3989681