[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - high CPU utilization jboss eclipse ide beta

pavera do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 29 11:18:43 EST 2006

I don't really know if this is an issue or not, but it seems to be.

If I start my jboss AS 4.0.5 from the command line it takes about 45s-60s and as soon as that line appears on the command line CPU utilization on my machine drops back to 0-5%.

If I start the same AS from inside the jboss eclipse ide, it says it only takes 45-60s to start the server, but eclipse still reports "Starting..." as the status of the server, the status bar still reports starting server... and it runs the CPU at 100% for at least 10-15 minutes before eclipse realizes the server is actually started.  During this time the server is running, I can connect to my projects via the web, they are just dog slow because all of the CPU is being used by eclipse.  Also, it makes doing anything else on the machine painful.

Is this expected behavior? is there some misconfiguration?  Is it a bug in the beta? and if so where should I report it?  I've searched for more than 3 hours trying to find a tutorial on setting up server instances in the eclipse ide, haven't been successful... All of the tutorials seem to assume setting up jboss is trivial, so I assume all I had to do was select the AS directory as the home directory and give it a name.... That is all I did.

Versions
Jboss Eclipse IDE 2.0.0beta2 (downloaded bundle from jboss)
Jboss AS 4.0.5
JDK1.5.0_09

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3989758#3989758

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3989758