[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - s:button VS h:commandButton / s:link VS h:commandLink

ngeadah do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 29 17:51:34 EST 2006

What is the difference between s:button and h:commandButton for simple things like calling an action?

I have Seam 1.1CR1, JSF, Facelets all configured fine (at least I think), and the following works great:

  | <h:commandButton value="Login" action="#{loginClient.login}"/>

While the following calls out to the action but does not seem to perform any injection.

  | <s:button  value="Login" action="#{loginClient.login}"/>

Same problem with s:link VS h:commandLink (which uses JS to submit - yuck!).  I would much rather use the Seam UI components but they simply are not working right for me because the injection is not occuring.  Anyone seen this problem before?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3989858#3989858

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3989858