[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Excessive [could not destroy component] 1.1B1 to 1.1CR1

gavin.king@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 30 19:22:12 EST 2006

Hum, OK I just realized that there *is* a problem (perhaps this is what you have been trying to say all along).

If you have an SFSB sitting in session scope, and you make some requests to the server which do not actually touch that SFSB, then the SFSB will timeout *before* the HttpSession times out. I don't see a really good way to fix this (there is no safe way to "ping" an SFSB AFAIK).

So the only solution is to set the SFSB timeout "much" longer than the HttpSession timeout. Disabling the SFSB timeout altogether will work, and should be reasonably safe to do, since Seam is pretty good about guaranteeing that cleanup occurs at HttpSession timeout.

The other solution is to simply not use SFSBs in this way. Use session-scoped SFSBs only if you know that they will be used on each page, or at the beginning of each conversation, or whatever.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3990298#3990298

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3990298