[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: @Out and default ScopeType

dan.j.allen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 30 22:30:34 EST 2006

I understand my problem.  In this particular case, my entity being outjected is a Seam component but not marked with a scope.  Therefore, it is taking on the default EVENT scope.  If I don't specify the scope on the @Out annotation, my data is placed in the event context, and thus the data does not survive past the redirect.  If I add @Scope(CONVERSATION) atop the User class, then it works as expected.

So the point is that it is required to add @Scope(CONVERSATION) either on the entity or on the scope attribute of the @Out annotation for the data to be included in the conversation context if the data IS a seam component.  If the User class was not a Seam component, then it would default to the scope of the component outjecting the data.  I managed to find myself right between the two scenarios, and hence out of luck.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3990338#3990338

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3990338