[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - get connection took up to 67 seconds

vulee do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Oct 1 02:42:47 EDT 2006

Jboss app server: 4.0.3
I have a stateless session bean (SLSB) which contains a finder method.  In this method, a connection is gotten from an oracle data source.  To run a performace benchmark for 100 concurrent requests, I have set the max number of SLSB to 80, and the max number of connections to 100.  To initialize jboss resources, I first ran 100 concurrent abitrary requests.  JMX-console displayed the number of connection created was 90 and the number of available connections was 100.  Then I ran another 100 concurrent requests and logged the time to get connection.  What I saw was the time to get connection kept increasing from 3 seconds to 67 seconds.  I don't know why it took too long to get a connection from the pool.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3975316#3975316

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3975316