[jboss-user] [Testimonials] - Re: ATG on JBoss - How good is ATG stuff

broman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 2 10:58:35 EDT 2006

I have been using ATG for the past 4 years and it has it's good and it has it's bad.  Class and properties reloading requires restarting the appserver instance (yuck!).  I am currently evaluating running it on JBoss.  We currently run on IBM Websphere and it's a memory hog, disk space hog, and has quirks when it comes to getting it running with ATG.  I think JBoss will work out well with ATG.  As for whether to use it or not, depends on the use.  We use if for our public site and it's overkill.  But we also use it for our password protected, customized on a user basis, extranet site and it works well for that purpose.

ATG documentation on the web is non-existant, their support site is extremely hard to use, but they do answer their tech calls on the first try.  Phone support has been pretty good to me, but once again, their online support site really needs alot of work.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3975515#3975515

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3975515