[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - jmx - invocation amethod inside a sleepycat mbean

nscooper do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 2 12:17:03 EDT 2006

Hello All,

I'm trying to invoke an MBean operation that's displayed in the web-console as:
MBean Name: Domain Name: bglobal.com
 service:  JEMonitor
MBean Java Class: com.sleepycat.je.jmx.JEMonitor

and the operation is listed as:
void checkpoint()
Checkpoint the environment.

Param ParamType ParamValue ParamDescription
force java.lang.Boolean True False  If true, force a checkpoint even if there has been no activity since the last checkpoint. Returns true if a checkpoint executed.

but I'm not having much luck with just about every possible config of source code available off the forums, etc.  The code that I would really like to work (from my SAR, deployed to same server) is:
MBeanServer server = MBeanServerLocator.locateJBoss();

ObjectName objectName = new ObjectName("bglobal.com:name=JEMonitor");

Object[] paramValues = new Object[] {new Boolean(true)};

String[] methodSignature = new String[] {"java.lang.Boolean"};

server.invoke(objectName, "checkpoint", paramValues, methodSignature);

Please help - I've exhausted all avenues I can think of to try to understand this stuff further.....  :-(

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3975554#3975554

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3975554