[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Messages Stuck in Queue

guinsu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 2 15:28:20 EDT 2006

I'm trying to switch from SwiftMQ over to JBoss Messaging.  I've been having a problem where messages get stuck in a queue whose consumers are using selectors.  I have read about the issues involved with selectors and speed, however this is not the case here. I have 4 consumers with a selector like: (serverID="+serverID+" OR serverID IS NULL).  Messages with the server Id set will get stuck in the queue until I restart the consumer it was sent to.  Stopping the producer has no effect, even if I let the app and the JMS server sit idle it will never pull the message out.  While it is very random, most messages with server id set go through.  It happens very quickly after starting my app up, usually within minutes.  The client is not deadlock, nor did the receiving thread die.  Using the Jconsole I can see the thread waiting on a jms.receive().  Any idea whats going on?  I do not have a small sample program that shows this behavior but I can provide whatever relevant config info is needed.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3975586#3975586

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3975586