[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Binding a remote Remote object...

SchlauFuchs do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 2 16:20:56 EDT 2006

Hello all,

a greenhorn question, I assume already asked...

I have a server running a no-JBoss java application. I would like to bind a Remote object from this server into my JBoss JNDI, so that I can use it from other apps easily, too. What is best practice for this case? I already tried to bind it to the initial context from JBoss, but JNDI complained that it isn't a serializable object ( javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.io.NotSerializableException...). It is implementing Remote, and (I may be wrong) a class shouldn't implement Serializable and Remote.

Thanks for any hints!
SF

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3975598#3975598

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3975598