[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Remote JMS server

ovidiu.feodorov@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 2 22:32:29 EDT 2006

rcjboss wrote :
  | Since JBoss Msg 1.2 is not available till Jan07, I am planning the following to achieve failover(manual):
  | 1. I will deploy JBoss Messaging as an independent server hosting all my Queues.
  | 2. The persistance for msg will be Oracle.
  | 3. I will have a standby replica instance of the above JBoss on a different machine, that will have the same Queues and will connect to same oracle. This will be my manual failover server.

This is pretty much how JBossMQ achieves its HA capabilities. There is a service called HA Singleton that ships with JBoss that can help you with what you intend to do, until the real HA is out. You can take a look at how JBossMQ does it, it's not very complicated.

rcjboss wrote :
  | Can I not achieve the same by: installing JBoss Messaging on the servers that run the MDBs and just not configure the Queues on them (will this be a complete and easier way to achieve the scoped libraries?).

Most likely, yes. You'll achieve scoping by doing that, and then you can deploy your MDBs within that scope without any additional trouble. After installation, you can actually turn off all Messaging services, to reduce the overhead and memory footprint.

An alternative is to deploy a simple scoped bootstrap service with all necessary dependencies. This is actually the "method 3" of http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossMessagingUser_Deploying_a_scoped_MDB_container. I just didn't have time to expand it, but if you try it and you're successful at making it work, you could expand the document, it's a wiki ...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3975646#3975646

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3975646