[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - ui:param value="#{..." works with h:commandButton not with s

codelion do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 3 15:47:43 EDT 2006

I can give more details, but for now my analysis is this:

In a set of .xhtml files,
using
  http://www.jboss.com/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossSeam
I have in on .xhtml a
  <ui:include
with a
  <ui:param name="somename" value="#{something}" />
and in another .xhtml in the (hence included)
  <ui:composition
many things work right, e.g. in text output the
  #{somename}
converts correctly to a String,
and more importantly in a
  <h:commandButton
I have a correctly working
  <h:commandButton action="#{somename.actionmethod}

But it doesn't work in
  <s:link action="#{somename.actionmethod}

And also I notice I can't do injection into an existing action bean.

I can't parametrize the return of the action (or the action).

This is frustrating because it works with the h:commandButton but doesn't work with the s:link.

Debugging source code seems (not sure) to indicate that it can't find anything bound to somename.

Any place in source code where I can extend the search to include maybe the FacesContext?  Both for s:link and for injection?  Two places?  Am I totally off?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3975863#3975863

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3975863