[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - xsi:type attribute not set in SOAP request

georgesberscheid do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 4 11:19:46 EDT 2006

Hi,

I generated client artifacts from a WSDL file using wstools and I'm trying to consume a third-party web service. However the server seems to expect xsi:type attributes to be set in the request which the generated web service client doesn't do.

This is the fragment from the WSDL file:

  | <xsd:element name="login">
  | 	<xsd:complexType>
  | 		<xsd:sequence>
  | 			<xsd:element name="username" type="xsd:string" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1"></xsd:element>
  | 			<xsd:element name="password" type="xsd:string" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1"></xsd:element>
  | 		</xsd:sequence>
  | 	</xsd:complexType>
  | </xsd:element>

The generated SOAP request looks as follows:

  | <env:Envelope xmlns:env='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/'>
  | 	<env:Header />
  | 	<env:Body>
  | 		<ns1:login xmlns:ns1='http://testuri.org' xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'>
  | 			<username>TestUser</username>
  | 			<password>MySecretPassword</password>
  | 		</ns1:login>
  | 	</env:Body>
  | </env:Envelope>

This generates the following error message from the server: "server error. invalid method parameters"

However , if I (manually, using a debugger in org.jboss.ws.soap.SOAPConnectionImpl.call()) change the request string to include xsi:type for the parameters, the request is successfully accepted by the server:

  | <env:Envelope xmlns:env='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/'>
  | 	<env:Header />
  | 	<env:Body>
  | 		<ns1:login xmlns:ns1='http://testuri.org' xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'>
  | 			<username xsi:type="xsd:string">TestUser</username>
  | 			<password xsi:type="xsd:string">MySecretPassword</password>
  | 		</ns1:login>
  | 	</env:Body>
  | </env:Envelope>

How do I make JBossWS add the parameter types to the request?
Thanks,

Georges

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3976044#3976044

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3976044