[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Shared JAR files ?

gcomnz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 4 17:53:19 EDT 2006

I've had problems sharing  jboss-seam.jar in the server-name/lib dir when I have multiple WARs in separate EARs. This is because if a shared classloader serves up the Seam classes then Seam doesn't shield the webapps from each other. It's not like it doesn't work (AFAIK), namespacing just gets more problematic.

It's possible that some rocket-science level classloader configuration for JBoss can resolve this, but you might jump of a bridge before reaching that point.

I would love to see Seam get a little better behaved in this respect, particularly by losing the mutable static var field(s) and keeping separate namespaces for different WARs or EAR/WAR combinations. I'm gonna guess this is a difficult thing to change about Seam though, probably related related to the bytecode rewriting that goes on.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3976179#3976179

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3976179