[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - User cancels while actioning a task

slienert do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 4 22:49:55 EDT 2006

We have just started a new project using JBPM 3.1 and need some advice on how to handle a common situation.

We have a simple process definition with a start, a task and an end.  The user actions the task via a screen which allows them to add indexing information to a document.  The case we are not sure about is when the user presses the cancel button.

The user chooses a task from a worklist screen.  When they pick a task we start the task using TaskInstance.start() which sets the startDate on the task instance (this means we can prevent other users from choosing this task).   If we then use the TaskInstance.cancel() method when the user clicks the cancel button, the task endDate and isCancelled are also set.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3976205#3976205

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3976205