[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Issues with JBoss Application Server

petemuir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 5 12:16:57 EDT 2006

"jpemmasani" wrote : 1) I used to work with websphere server before. There when ever i deploy a war file all the files will store in expandable directory and for any small changes i used to hot deploy only those pages (for examples jsp). But I am not able to see that type of directory expect temp.

JBoss is different (for better or for worse!).  Hot deploy is a bit tricky to get working.  I use it fine with some ant tasks. Essentially you need to deploy the ear/war exploded, then you can copy facelets etc. into the exploded war and jboss will take care of making them available.

Hotcode replacement is another issue - Eclipse takes care of it when in debug mode.  You can follow http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=EclipseSeamAutoDeploy if you use eclipse for packaging.

anonymous wrote : 2)  I am not seeing the log out from my application. Because I am trying to connect oracle through jndi and each time if i try to log on it says username not found. I am not able to find where the applicaion is failing due to log from application is no where to be found.

JBoss logs everything (it uses log4j) to server.log.  It's possible log4j isn't printing the messages, it's configuration is $JBOSS_HOME\server\default\conf\log4j.xml

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3976341#3976341

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3976341