[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - EJB3 container configuration and interceptors

fakeer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 5 18:34:22 EDT 2006

how can i add custom interceptors in ejb3??

with ejb2 i have been using the standardjboss.xml to insert my own interceptors into the standard container interceptor stack (see ActivityInterceptor below).  i also used a client side invocation interceptor to make some client information ride with the invocation payload (further below)

with my beans no on ejb3 the stadardjboss.xml configuration is just ignored? is there a new container configuration file for ejb3? i'm cluless

server side interceptor

  |     <container-configuration>
  |       <container-name>Standard Stateless SessionBean</container-name>
  |       <call-logging>false</call-logging>
  |       <invoker-proxy-binding-name>stateless-rmi-invoker</invoker-proxy-binding-name>
  |       <container-interceptors>
  |         <interceptor>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor</interceptor>
  |         <interceptor>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor</interceptor>
  |         <interceptor>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor</interceptor>
  |         <!-- CMT -->
  |         <interceptor>com.test.server.ejb.ActivityInterceptor</interceptor>
  |         <interceptor transaction="Container">org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT</interceptor>
  |         <interceptor transaction="Container">org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor</interceptor>
  |         <interceptor transaction="Container" metricsEnabled="true">org.jboss.ejb.plugins.MetricsInterceptor</interceptor>
  |         <interceptor transaction="Container">org.jboss.webservice.server.ServiceEndpointInterceptor</interceptor>
  |         <interceptor transaction="Container">org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor</interceptor>
  |         <!-- BMT -->
  |         <interceptor transaction="Bean">org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor</interceptor>
  |         <interceptor transaction="Bean">org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorBMT</interceptor>
  |         <interceptor transaction="Bean">org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor</interceptor>
  |         <interceptor transaction="Bean" metricsEnabled="true">org.jboss.ejb.plugins.MetricsInterceptor</interceptor>
  |         <interceptor transaction="Bean">org.jboss.webservice.server.ServiceEndpointInterceptor</interceptor>
  |         <interceptor>org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor</interceptor>
  |       </container-interceptors>
  |       <instance-pool>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstancePool</instance-pool>
  |       <instance-cache></instance-cache>
  |       <persistence-manager></persistence-manager>
  |       <container-pool-conf>
  |         <MaximumSize>100</MaximumSize>
  |       </container-pool-conf>
  |     </container-configuration>

client side interceptor

  |     <invoker-proxy-binding>
  |       <name>stateless-rmi-invoker</name>
  |       <invoker-mbean>jboss:service=invoker,type=https</invoker-mbean>
  |       <proxy-factory>org.jboss.proxy.ejb.ProxyFactory</proxy-factory>
  |       <proxy-factory-config>
  |         <client-interceptors>
  |           <home>
  |           	<interceptor>com.test.client.ActivityClientInterceptor</interceptor>
  |             <interceptor>org.jboss.proxy.ejb.HomeInterceptor</interceptor>
  |             <interceptor>org.jboss.proxy.SecurityInterceptor</interceptor>
  |             <interceptor>org.jboss.proxy.TransactionInterceptor</interceptor>
  |             <interceptor call-by-value="false">org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor</interceptor>
  |             <interceptor call-by-value="true">org.jboss.invocation.MarshallingInvokerInterceptor</interceptor>
  |           </home>
  |           <bean>
  |           	<interceptor>com.test.client.ActivityClientInterceptor</interceptor>
  |             <interceptor>org.jboss.proxy.ejb.StatelessSessionInterceptor</interceptor>
  |             <interceptor>org.jboss.proxy.SecurityInterceptor</interceptor>
  |             <interceptor>org.jboss.proxy.TransactionInterceptor</interceptor>
  |             <interceptor call-by-value="false">org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor</interceptor>
  |             <interceptor call-by-value="true">org.jboss.invocation.MarshallingInvokerInterceptor</interceptor>
  |           </bean>
  |         </client-interceptors>
  |       </proxy-factory-config>
  |     </invoker-proxy-binding>