[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: IllegalArgumentException

lightbulb432 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Oct 7 01:52:11 EDT 2006

Looking at the JNDIView, I figure that if something has the following in brackets after the entry, then it is a context:

- javax.naming.Context
- org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext

Then I saw that NamingContext extends Context. So my question is whether only things that are Context or subclasses are contexts (EVERYTHING ELSE is therefore a name)?

The next question I have is javax.naming.Context is an interface, but it's listed in the JNDIView as:

(class: javax.naming.Context)

Why for some entries is the class listed (org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext) and for others the interface is listed (javax.naming.Context)? This inconsistency leads me to some confusion...

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3976722#3976722

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3976722