[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Example Code

Anea do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 10 08:52:23 EDT 2006

Hello there,
i´m a beginner on rules and BREs and still trying to understand the Drools examples.
In my attempt to implement my own example adapted from the "golf" example I encountered a problem.

Here is my example:
There are 3 Girls, each has a name, a lastname, a fad and gets some pocket-money.
The task is, to find a solution for following facts and rules:

girl-names: Marion, Susi, Uschi
lastnames: Müller, Bauer, Weber
fads: records, sweets, dresses
money: 6?, 7?, 8?

1) Marion loves Sweets. She gets less money than the Girl with the lastname Weber.
2) Susi gets 7?.
3) Uschi doesn´t spent her money on records. Uschi and the girl with the lastname Bauer get another amount than 6?.

the information about the girls works exactly like the "Golf" example.
g1:Girl($marionsName:name=="Marion",   .... )
g2:Girl($susisName:name=="Susi",   .... )
g3:Girl($uschisName:name=="Uschi",   .... )

My Problem is, how to bring the information in "that the girl with the lastname Bauer gets another amount than 6?".

my first idea was to add something like
Girl(lastname == "Bauer", money!=6)
but this does not want to do, what I want it to.
As far, as I understand it, this only selects the matching facts from the working memory. How can I tell the system, that I don´t want to find new Girls, but only add some additional information to the girls, which are already found?
Is there something like a "union" function in Drools?

Thanks for your help.

P.S. excuse the errors in my english, I´m german ;)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3977222#3977222

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3977222