[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - Re: JBossIDE causing Eclipse to pause and do alot of disk IO

mazz@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 10 09:34:53 EDT 2006

I believe I'm still seeing this, albeit not at startup.

I'm still getting very long hang times in Eclipse and when I look at the thread dumps, I am seeing:

"Worker-17" prio=6 tid=0x3a205b20 nid=0x5d0 runnable [0x3b43f000..0x3b43fa68]
  |         at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
  |         at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:203)
  |         at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:132)
  |         at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:97)
  |         at org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.core.module.factory.ArchiveModuleFactory.sup
  | ports(ArchiveModuleFactory.java:65)
  |         at org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.core.module.factory.ArchiveModuleFactory.acc
  | eptAddition(ArchiveModuleFactory.java:33)
  |         at org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.core.module.factory.JBossModuleFactory$1.vis
  | it(JBossModuleFactory.java:88)

So, I'm assuming this thread is the cause of my issue. This issue is devestating to the usability of Eclipse.  Can you guys add a setting within JBoss IDE somewhere that I can turn off this scanning of the files?  Even if it means turning off some feature - I'm willing to lose a piece of capability within JBoss IDE if I can workaround this issue.

Note that I'm using JBoss IDE 2.0.0.beta1

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3977234#3977234

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3977234