[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Portal memory consumption question

walbar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 10 14:08:21 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am evaluating JBoss Portal and portlets technology in general to see if fulfills my needs.

My current project is a web-portal with thousands of hits per second and it will be composed of many servers in a cluster.  I am wondering about the usage of memory JBoss Portal performs, since to work in a cluster it needs to replicate the sessions and I guess that if portlets store too many things in the session, this approach (portlets, JBoss, etc.) gets quite inefficient.

What I would like to know:

- How much portlet infrastructure is present on each user session (things that I have to multiply for the number of open sessions, maybe window states, preferences, etc.)?
- Are there shared singletone portlet infranstructure objects common to all sessions?

Thanks in advance for your answers,

Waldemar

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3977337#3977337

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3977337