[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Please fix this bug!

redsea do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 10 20:09:09 EDT 2006

I have a jsf-guessNumber.war file that I use as part of my initial testing.

I drop this jsf-guessNumber.war into tomcat and it works.
I drop this into jboss-4.0.4GA and it doesnt work  I get the following error

java.lang.NullPointerException
at javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.setupResponseWriter(UIComponentTag.java:615)

So I downloaded jboss-4.0.5.rc1 and dropped it into that version. It also did not work.

I then downloaded jboss-4.0.2 and dropped it into that version AND IT WORKED!

So jboss-4.0.2 works, jboss-4.0.4 and jboss-4.0.5 DONT WORK.

I suggest to jboss to get the jsf-guessNumber.war file and include in their regression testing.

The jsf-guessNumber is the java server faces tutorial from sun.

Looking forward to any comments.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3977389#3977389

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3977389