[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - SeamPhaseListener question for Seam newbie

whuang do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 11 00:54:28 EDT 2006

On the SeamPhaseListener class, at the beginning for beforePhase() method, it calls Lifecycle.setPhaseId(event.getPhaseId()). Then at the end of the afterPhase() method, it calls Lifecycle.setPhaseId(null);

What if the call Lifecycle.setPhaseId(null) is omitted or removed from the afterPhase() method, what is the side-affect of this?

I am asking this because I recently integrated Seam into my application which already has some Apache Shale Remoting feature, the Shale remoting features is broken after the Seam integration.  I tested a temporary patch by extending the SeamPhaseListener and override the afterPhase() method like this.

	@Override
  | 	public void afterPhase(PhaseEvent p_event) {
  | 		super.afterPhase(p_event);
  | 		//Patch for Shale Remoting error
  | 		Lifecycle.setPhaseId(p_event.getPhaseId());
  | 	}

Thanks,
Bill

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3977417#3977417