[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Hibernate/Cache conceptual mismatch

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 11 04:02:57 EDT 2006

Let's try and jot down what this method needs to perform.  I'm calling it putFailFast() for now, but perhaps a different name (from 2.0.0) is better to avoid a mental conflict with the 1.x putFailFast() method which was a kludge.

>From this thread, I see that this method needs to:

1) Suspend transactions so failures do not cause the tx to fail
2) Do not attempt to acquite write locks if pessimistically locked.  Ignore version mismatch exceptions if optimistically locked.
3) 0 timeout on lock acquisitions
4) Replication (or invalidation, if used) forced to be asynchronous.
5) Exceptions suppressed.
6) Warnings logged at a much lower level than usual.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3977454#3977454

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3977454