[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Hibernate/Cache conceptual mismatch

steve.ebersole@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 11 10:48:58 EDT 2006

Regarding SYNCH/ASYNCH, consider the following in conjunction with my psuedo code, I am being concerned with the notion of an intention lock throughout the cluster.  Consider:

1) readFromCache()
2) recv replication of data
3) read from db (because #1 returned null)
4) put into cache

To me #2 needs to happen as early as possible in the process.  Although perhaps I am being a bit pessimistic.  Not sure; would need to think through it in more detail.  Was more questioning why *that* decision was made as it seemed to not come from the previous discussions.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3977570#3977570

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3977570