[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Some friendly advice

redsea do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 11 14:09:57 EDT 2006

In the past few weeks I have been evaluating application servers. Within a minutes time I can start tomcat, sun app server or jboss server. One of the qualities that I am looking for in a serve is a "write once drop anywhere" kind of quality. By this I mean, if I write a web app(let say) using netbeans and follow the j2ee standards, then I should be able to drop that app in any app server and EXPECT it to run.

Now, I have spent more time on jboss because I like some of its design features. However, the more I get into it the more I am beginning to think that jboss has the wrong "philosophy" for us.

Please read this link http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-2593

The originator of that report had the right idea. It should be as easy as dropping a war file into the deploy directory. However, looking at the two responses I realize that jboss has the wrong focus. If the focus was on their clients that report would not be a dont fix.

Theres a lot I like about jboss, but I want to focus on standards, and not on jboss proprietary enhancements.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3977643#3977643

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3977643