[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: ClassCastException after redeploy

ahachmann do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 12 05:20:32 EDT 2006

Yes, this what i expected to happen,
But now I have the situation, that when I have taken the war out of the ear, I still need to leave out the Interfaces from the war.
When i deploy the archives at the same time, everything works fine. But when I now change the interfaces implementations and redeploy the ear, i get a class cast exception. I know, that this sounds like the opposite of what i wrote in the first post. And I am confused about that.

What I did now, is that i put the Interfaces in a single jar-file which i deploy itsself. Now i can modify the implementation without any problems.

Is it that way, that the Deployer perhaps does not recognise, that the Interfaces in the new EAR file are the same as the ones in the war file? Then the Classlaoder would load the interfaces again. But the ones in the ear are then different ones to the ones in the war.

Anyone a short comment whether this asumption could be right?

thx,
   Alexander

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3977815#3977815

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3977815