[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam & clustering

veterok do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 12 11:58:04 EDT 2006

Gavin, thank you for replying.

As I understood, seam is not intended to work in clustered environment? Are you planning to do something about it in the future seam versions?

So, currently we can replicate entities only if they are not bound to any seam context, which, in turn, means that these entities become a non-seam components, which means that we are loosing a lot of features provided by seam. Did I get it right?

It also would be nice, if you think about providing an ability of replicating seam contexts between different cluster nodes (for some future Seam releases). At least session context should somehow be replicated. For example, currently, I don't have an idea how to implement the Single Sign On feature using Seam in clustered environment.

I think, that using statefull session beans will not solve all clustering issues. Clustering support should somehow be transparent to Seam users. I mean, it should be configurable on Seam level. Perhaps using additional Seam annotations or xml.. it doesn't matter.

I'm new to Seam, but it is clear from the first sight, that this framework is quite powerfull and developers get a lot of benefits from using it. Currently, a lot of applications are deployed in clustered environment, so, I guess, it's quite critical to do something with seam about clustering.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3977929#3977929

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3977929