[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: JbpmContext: when to create new vs. get current

brado do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 13 10:31:05 EDT 2006

Jean,

Yes, that helps -- thanks for the reply. However, it still doesn't answer the big question which is whether JbpmContext is reentrant or not. If it is not reentrant, then I want to know what the purpose of the JbpmConfiguration.getCurrentContext() method is. If JbpmConfiguration is reentrant, which the documentation says it is, then there's the possibility of two threads simultaneously invoking getCurrentContext(), and getting a reference to the same JbpmContext. Somehow this doesn't seem right if JbpmContext objects are tied to transactions. It would seem to me that JbpmContext objects should not be reentrant, but a single instance should be isolated to a single thread (or even more properly, a single caller). It strikes me that having a getCurrentContext() method on a reentrant JbpmConfiguration is a bug, or a design flaw, however you want to state it.

Can someone clarify the situation here? This is an issue that's fairly fundamental to use of jBPM.

Thanks,

Brad

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3978158#3978158

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3978158