[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - ne emf.createEntityManager(EXTENDED) any more?

taprogge do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 13 11:29:36 EDT 2006

Hi!

I am using ejb3-rc8 on JBoss-4.0.4.GA.

I am trying to get an EXTENDED EntityManager inside a servlet. Doing this in a lervlet just seemed to be the simplest way to write some data to the DB while migrating to a new, rewritten version of our application.
I look up the EntityManagerFactory and UserTransaction from JNDI, call em.join(utx) and would be happy if I did not need an EntityManager in EXTENDED PersistenceContext.

The docs I found all mention using

  | EntityManagerFactory.createEntityManager(PersistenceContextType.EXTENDED)

but that method does not seem to be there. I can only find

  | createEntityManager();
  | createEntityManager(Map properties);

How do I go about getting this job done?
If injection into servlets worked, I just would do

  | @PersistenceContext(type=EXTENDED)
  | EntityManager em;

in my Servlet, but since it doesn't, there has to be another way.

Thanks for any hints you can offer.

Regards,
Phil

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3978191#3978191