[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: What determines window order within a region?

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 13 12:01:14 EDT 2006

How did I know you would ask that?  I was initially going to say "I don't know", but in trying it out I I would have to say that the order is undetermined. I changed three windows to have a theme.order of 0 and they simply rearranged themselves. The new order is the inverse of the old order, and is not in the order in which I changed the individual theme.order values, nor is it in alphabetical order.  Now, I did this though the Management Porltet. I don't know what order you would get if you did this via a *-object.xml file (I might bet on order of appearance, but inverse order is possible).

Long story short, if you care, use different numbers.  By the way, the numbers to not have to be consecutive, so you can use the old coding trick of numbering using 100's or 10's (e.g., 100, 200, 300). Then it is easy to add things in between later without renumbering everything.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3978206#3978206

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3978206