[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - startegy for enhancing TaskInstance

bentins do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 13 16:02:06 EDT 2006

I've created a class that extends TaskInstance. I've created an enhancment table for it (thought it should be better this way) and done the hbm.xml stuff. The extension was OK and I was able to create a task. However, I now have these problems. if I load a task using the JbpmContext (which I need to do) it will load a\the regular TaskInstance Object and I will not have access to my new fields. The same goes for all the finder queries, it seems I have to reqrite them all to fit my new extension class.

1. Is there a strategy to extend TaskInstance that will let me have new fields without changing stuff in Jbpm core?
2. Is there a way to just get the hibernate session used for task Managment and use my own class for quereing and loading?
3. If not 1, 2, it seems logical that I will need to use my own new queries for finding tasks. however I do think JbpmContext should be fixed to load the class used by the TaskInstanceFactory, and not the default TaskInstance.

Thnx

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3978276#3978276

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3978276