[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Token lifecycle with fork and join

alf_dave do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 17 09:35:26 EDT 2006

Jbpm 3.1.2

I have a simple process which includes a fork and join.  It functions as one would expect, however, I do have a query regarding the lifetime of tokens during the process execution.

Upon reaching the fork, child tokens are created; one for each path.  When all child paths reach the join, the process continues.   However, if I use ProcessInstance.findAllTokens() at this point, it returns the child tokens for the previous fork & join.  Each token is still active (according to Token.hasEnded()).

Is this correct?

I would at least expect those child tokens to have been ended.  Actually, I wouldn't expect to get those tokens from findAllTokens(), as that's all happened in the past.

Any light on this subject appreciated?

Regards,
David Caruana
Alfresco