[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Batching messages in jboss-messaging

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 17 16:03:38 EDT 2006

"tpaterson" wrote : According to http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBMESSAGING-328, JBoss messaging now supports batching of messages from the server to the client.

  | Can anyone explain how this works or how it can be configured/turned on? The performance we are seeing on a network with a large round-trip time seems to imply that this isn't being used, and we can't find any documentation that refers this, apart from the Release Notes for 1.0.1.CR4.[/url]

If your network has a large latency, then you may be falling victim to the fact that JBoss Remoting (which we currently use) is based on an RPC model, so even if your network has high bandwidth the throughput is limited since your latency is bad.

We will be fixing this for 1.2, where we should be able to fully benefit from the high bandwidth without the drawbacks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3978873#3978873

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3978873